15 March, 2006

Dawson's a blogger for NBC at SXSW XX

Dawson dives into SXSW XX and meets the world !

Another action packed SXSW experience is underway - Indy music, Indy film, internet and multimedia types, and the incredible conversations while seeking out another cup of coffee after the long night jumping around Austin. This year my hotel is alot closer to the Convention Center, and my gasoline bill takes a four day break.

The under publicized aspect of SXSW is the conference panels. For the performing arts and sciences, these conference panels and workshops bring opportunities to network and to learn. Sometimes the debates are lively. all are informative. Bring on the DiY !

So my plans for thursday night are to go to the Grammy Annual meeting to catch Grammy winner Jimmy Jam and hear Yolanda Adams, Sunny Sauceda, Joel Guzman, and David Lee Garza.

FYI, the NARAS (Grammy's) Texas Chapter president is Dallas producer Chris Bell.

During the day thursday is the keynote conversation with music legend Neil Young and a later interview with the UK's Morrissey. Wow! I am really looking forward to that ! And I want to catch the BBC 2 stuff at Austin City MH...an embarrassment of riches......and its only ONE DAY....and somehow I have to meet Herbie Hancock ( I love Herbie's music, an incredible role model, he's right up there with the Duke, or the Count, or Ornette, or Wynton, )

And I have to go see my friend Amba from Australia saturday. A song of mine has caught her interest and made its way onto a compilation CD (Tune Tank). Just another day in the world of the songwriter pitching music. Anybody need a song? Stay tuned - PEACE.......
Post a Comment